A new generation of camera with on-board AI
The OAK-D Pro is a Series 2 OAK camera offering 4 TOPS processing power and the ability to run any AI model. The OAK-D Pro features an IR illumination LED (for night-vision) and an IR laser dot projector (active stereo).
The OAK-D Pro is an upgraded version of OAK-D, featuring an IR laser dot projector (active stereo) and IR illumination LED (for “night vision”). It’s also smaller and lighter than the OAK-D. Auto-Focus has an electromagnet that controls the lens position dynamically. It can focus on objects dynamically, which is mainly useful for objects within 50cm of the device. Auto-Focus has the advantage that it can focus on objects as close as 10cm.
The OAK-D Pro is available in two variants: Fixed-Focus and Auto-Focus. These variants differ only in the configuration of the center color camera. The Fixed-Focus variant has the lens fixed in place mechanically, whereas the Auto-Focus has an electromagnet that controls the lens position dynamically. Both variants can clearly see objects 50 cm and beyond.
- Auto-Focus cameras are recommended for close objects between 10 cm to 50 cm of the device (see video). They can also be manually set to a specific focus position utilizing the DepthAI API.
- Fixed-Focus cameras are recommended for heavy-vibration applications, such as drones, lawnmowers, or vehicles (see video).
FOR EVEN MORE GREAT TECH YOU CAN GIFT THIS HOLIDAY,
- USB-C connector for both power and communication, supporting USB2 and USB3 protocols (5Gbps / 10Gbps)
- IR illumination LED:allows perceiving low-light and no-light environments
- IR laser dot projector (active stereo): improves depth perception, especially for low-visual-interest surfaces (little or no surface texture)
- 4 TOPS of processing power (1.4 TOPS for AI)
- Run any AI model, even custom architectured/built ones
- Encoding: H.264, H.265, MJPEG - 4K/30FPS, 1080P/60FPS
- Computer vision: warp/dewarp, resize, crop, edge detection, feature tracking
- Stereo depth perception at 120 FPS with filtering
- Object tracking: 2D and 3D tracking
- Dimension: 97x29.5x22.9 mm
- Weight: 91g
Our mission is to improve the engineering efficiency of embedding performant, spatial AI + CV into products. We do this by building and maintaining the open-source DepthAI ecosystem and RobotHub management platform. In other words, we build the core technology that allows human-like perception in real products - allowing 0-to-1 applications in nearly every industry. The technology allows solving problems that need human-like perception, but say in a 1" cube. Luxonis is a spatial AI and CV platform that focuses on embedded machine learning and computer vision technology.
❄❄❄ MORE FROM THIS YEAR'S SHOPPING GUIDE! ❄❄❄
Click here for the best 2022 has to offer in gaming, gear, toys and tech...