The Ultimate Weapon is Team
Familiar heroes return and new allies are formed as Task Force 141 faces its greatest threat yet — a newly aligned menace with deep, yet unknown connections. This Campaign features missions in Europe, Asia, and the Americas, and is set to be an incredible experience on numerous levels: offshore sieges with underwater combat, all-out explosive assaults from 30,000 feet above enemy strongholds, and high-stakes, low-profile stealth missions in both plain sight and under the cover of darkness.
Ready up and prepare to drop in to the all new Warzone™ 2.0. Live now, Season 01 Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® II and Call of Duty®: Warzone™ 2.0 delivers action on all fronts: the next iteration of the massive free-to-play Battle Royale experience featuring the much-anticipated DMZ mode, reimagined maps in Multiplayer, and an additional Special Ops mission prior to the first Raid Episode. There will be plenty of content across both games through all-new Battle Pass, football-themed event, and more.
The new Gulag received some changes over the past few months while still being grounded within a traditional Warzone experience. The Gulag will be a 2v2 environment where randomly paired Duos must coordinate to take down their opposition. All players will receive a predefined Loadout — at launch, this will be a Pistol or a Shotgun, a Lethal Grenade, and a Tactical Grenade — with highly effective weaponry and gear placed toward the map’s center.
The Gulag will also include a Jailer, who will appear in the middle of the match to help speed up combat. Defeating the Jailer will return all four Gulag prisoners back into the Battle Royale, which offers a dilemma: Do both Duos agree to wait and fight this powerful enemy together, or does one get greedy and try to go for the elimination victory? Instead of a traditional Overtime mechanic, if neither team nor the Jailer is eliminated after a brief period of time, all four Operators lose.
FOR EVEN MORE GREAT GAMES YOU CAN GIFT THIS HOLIDAY,
New and Updated Features for 2022:
- Enemy Visibility We have added diamond icons above the heads of enemies. This should make it easier for players to clearly identify opponents in the game. Additionally, we’ve continued to tweak lighting and contrast for improved enemy visibility.
- Audio We’ve shortened the overall range of footstep audio which will allow enemy players to get closer to targets before they are able to detect footsteps. We have also continued to tweak teammate footstep audio, which will now be quieter following feedback from the Beta. The in-world activation sound effect volume range for the Dead Silence field upgrade has been drastically decreased.
- Third Person Following feedback from Beta, aiming down sights will now stay in third person POV for low-zoom optics. Only high-zoom optics (beginning with the ACOG and higher) and special optics such as Hybrids and Thermals will revert to first person POV. We believe this will enhance the third person experience while keeping the gameplay balanced. The feedback on this mode has been very positive, and we will continue to explore its use as a modifier.
- Weapons We have continued to tweak weapons across the game following both feedback from Beta players and game data. Players can expect more specifics on weapon tuning as we continue to support post-launch.
- UI We have been working hard on numerous updates to our UI that make accessing and customizing your loadout more seamless. We’ve made improvements to navigation of menus and will continue to optimize our UX.
- Movement Slide, ledge hang, and dive have been further refined. We’ve also addressed some movement exploits following Beta.
- Matchmaking We have implemented some changes that aim to reduce lobby disbandment between matches. We look forward to testing this at a large scale and getting feedback.
We create the most epic interactive gaming and entertainment experiences. Our platforms immerse players in new, unimagined worlds and offer countless ways to play within them. We build communities that bring people together with purpose and belonging. We make every day more fun with games from Candy Crush™, Call of Duty®, and World of Warcraft® to Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, and Diablo®. There is something for everyone. It takes heroes to make heroes, and our employees, across Activision, Blizzard Entertainment, and King Digital Entertainment, are some of the best and brightest talent in all of tech, media, and entertainment. Hard work pays off, and we’re proud to have been previously named one of FORTUNE’s “100 Best Companies To Work For®” for five consecutive years.
❄❄❄ MORE FROM THIS YEAR'S SHOPPING GUIDE! ❄❄❄
Click here for the best 2022 has to offer in gaming, gear, toys and tech...